Job Posting: Software Quality Assurance Specialists
Our Product Development team has openings for Software Quality Assurance Specialists
in Junior through Intermediate levels.
Our SQA Specialists plays a critical role on our product development teams creating products that will be installed in high tech buildings around the world. We are searching for innovative individuals who are interested in working with a wide variety of technologies. We have teams working in areas such as embedded systems/firmware, wireless, Windows applications, Apps, Web interfaces, LAN/WAN networks and database applications. Specialists are involved in initial design concepts through to final commercial product. The SQA Specialist will need to:
- Have very good oral and written communication skills.
- Have strong programming knowledge and ability. Our goal is to automate as many tests as possible. All of our software QA team members are expected to contribute to the development of automated tests.
- Have good knowledge of automated and manual test methods.
- Be familiar with software development lifecycles and processes.
- Quickly learn new products and technologies to be tested and verified.
- Work closely with product managers and developers to design test strategies based on design documentation, requirements and schedules.
- Record all test results and defects for resolution.
- Designs and maintains test plans.
- Develops and executes automated test scripts.
- Identifies and utilizes any hooks or test shells that may be added to the product to aid in testing.
- Involved in issue management. (Workflow and triaging)
- Provides input and test reports on an ongoing basis.
- Verifies bug fixes are satisfactory on new builds.
- Tests software with the understanding of which issues are critical to the end-user.
- Verifies that new features are fully implemented and will meet our customer’s needs.
- System specialist who acts as a resource to other departments on product functionality.
- Regularly identifies usability problems and make suggestions for improvement.
- Ensures that product development teams are following software development processes.
Required skills can include several of the following depending on development team:
- Proven programming skills in current languages. I.e. Python, Java, C#.
- Good knowledge of automated testing and tools such as Selenium Webdriver.
- Good understanding of embedded systems and small RTOS’s
- Strong analytical skills and ability to troubleshoot complex problems.
- Familiarity with networking concepts. TCP/IP, MS/TP, Ethernet, RS232, wireless and Windows/Linux Servers.
- Thorough knowledge of software testing methods and procedures. Well developed trouble-shooting and problem solving skills is an asset.
- Successful completion of an accredited Technology Diploma or Bachelors of Science program.
- Strong technical knowledge of PC’s and current related software (i.e. C++, Windows and Linux Systems and servers, Virtual Machines and servers).
- Working knowledge of control theory and electronics is also an asset.
If you are a have the qualifications and the desire to join a dynamic team environment, please apply in confidence with resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting SQA Specialist in the Subject line. Delta Controls: World Class People, Products and Partners
With over 350 distributors, and installations in more than 70 countries, Delta Controls is recognized as a market leader in the manufacture of open-protocol building automation systems. Our world class technology, combined with our approach to business, attracts exceptional professionals to our company and high caliber system integrators to the Delta Partner distribution network. Our vision is to produce remarkably intelligent products and innovative building solutions that allow buildings to think for themselves, all to help empower people and preserve our planet.
Our core value is Do It Right, the foundation of all phases of our business and the inspiration for our employees’ and Partners’ daily actions. Together, vision and value guide the fulfillment of our mission: To bring intelligent buildings to life. Buildings are our business.
Delta’s Product Development Team consists of over 60 Software Developers and Testers. The team designs, implements and validates all the software for our embedded systems, PC and web based applications. As a member of the Project Team, the SQA Specialist is responsible for planning, automation, execution and reporting results for all testing activities.
We have a flexible and dynamic work place where you will have the opportunity to work with experienced software test leads, developers and engineers in a team environment. You will be working in place where everyone’s ideas and opinions are encouraged. Career growth and employee fulfillment are a priority at Delta Controls.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including extended health coverage, an RRSP matching program and in house fitness programs with professional trainers.